Most web hosting companies in the South African offer Linux Web hosting which is affordable for small businesses. All the Linux packages offer a cPanel (control panel), to manage basic administrative duties and access to web tools that enable you to add a gallery, blog or a forum to your site.
The Best Linux Hosting providers in South Africa
|WEB HOSTING COMPANIES||PRICES||UPTIME||RATING||GET STARTED|
|GET STARTED Hostgator south Africa|
|Back in the year 2002, a person by the name of Brent Oxley began a small web hosting service that was primarily made to cater to the needs of individuals who enjoy computer games that are played on the internet. This service eventually grew exponentially and the company had to make up a new name.|
|GET STARTED Bluehost South Africa|
|Bluehost is one of the greatest web hosting providers because they give affordable hosting and great quality customer service for anyone. The business has received several awards, including “Best New Host”, and “Best Purchaser Support” by authoritative web hosting review sites online.|
|GET STARTED A2 Web hosting South Africa|
|A2 Hosting has been around for nearly 20 years. This independently owned hosting company might not be the foremost well-known name within the industry, but it's worldwide data centers and provides outstanding services.|
|GET STARTED GreenGeeks South Africa|
|GreenGeeks is the World’s #1 green energy web hosting provider started in 2006 by Trey Garder, an industry veteran of over 10 years.|
|GET STARTED Frikkadel South Africa|
|Frikkadel They host internationally and they are both a Cloud Flare partner and an accredited .co.za registrar. In fact their domains look to be the cheapest available in South Africa.|
|GET STARTED Hostking South Africa|
|At Host king our mission and our passion is to supply the foremost cheap first net hosting in South Africa. we provide many various kinds of hosting plans and that we perceive the importance of selecting the proper net host for your web site.|
|GET STARTED 1-grid South Africa|
|1-grid Based in African nation, and while referred to as WebAfrica, internet hosting supplier 1grid has quite twenty years of expertise within the trade. It offers internet hosting.|
|GET STARTED Open host South Africa|
|Open host was found in 2010. This company provides over the typical internet hosting, VPS, and servers. It’s targeted on cloud technology, IT security, business IT infrastructure, electronic document management, and more.|
Most South Africans web hosting providers also offer a Linux Reseller with WHM (Web Host Module) product. You can become a web host too without spending thousands. You will pay a small fee to the actual host and the web users who signed under you, will pay you a monthly fee. This type of hosting also allows you to produce your own web hosting packages and rebrand the cPanel to include your own company logo.
Linux is convenient and that is one of the reasons it is the most popular server solution on the internet. This OP has three important components, which are PHP, MySQL and Price. MySQL database support and a wide selection of ready-made tools such as WordPress, Drupal and Joomla allow you to build a website easily and fast.
Linux Web Hosting Email Features
Linux Web Hosting supports emails. It also provides useful functions such as email forwarders, auto-responders, anti-spam, as well as email anti-virus.
- Forwarders – email forwarders function allows you to setup multi email accounts. These emails will therefore be forwarded to a single POP3 mailbox. All these multi emails will share one email box.
- Auto-responders – this setup can be enabled when you want to send auto replies to received emails. Companies that always receive tons of emails usually use this. So in order to acknowledge your customers, you can thank them for contacting you and tell them that one of your consultants will get in touch with them.
- Anti-spam and anti-virus are there to scan all the received emails and make sure that there are no harmful links or attachments. If the scanner finds that the email has toxic files, it will mark them as spam and won’t be delivered to your inbox.
Linux hosting is recommended for casual web users because it offers a wide selection of ready-made applications. These applications can be customised by clicking options.
Linux Operating System
Most South African web hosting providers offer a wide range of different Linux operating software. A usual formation for a Linux server is the LAMP platform: Python/PHP/Perl, Linux, MySQL and Apache. Linux is considered as the most common type of operating system and millions of websites on the internet use it.
Benefits of using Linux
There are a number of features that make Linux one of the best operating systems for hosting websites and they are:
- Linux is free Open Source software. There’s no need for you to purchase any license.
- There is a large support for Linux since it is the largest web hosting community.
- You don’t have to power it down or rebooted like other operating systems.
- It offers excellent user security. The Linux user model keeps websites secured and protects against malicious viruses.